Friday, December 12, 2008

Happenings in Baltimore

Thanks for reading about a day at Chemo for Sarah.  I won't turn this into a day by day description of what is happening with Sarah.  We've had a good day today. Sarah had a good night's sleep based on some advice from her chemo nurse.   We met Mom to pick up Louisa in Mt Airy for lunch, the french fries had a bit of a metal taste.  Sarah has always loved McDonald fries (by the way so does Sally) hopefully this will be one of the only chemo side affects she experiences this time.  Sarah also picked up her revised wig and it looks good- really good.  I told her today that once she is cancer free and not using it I want to borrow it!  We're having a good time together- I LOVE Baltimore and seeing it through Sarah's eyes.  She found these cookies that bring back instant memories of shopping at Hutzler's (downtown department store) with Mom at the holiday season.  I loved the flavor (butter) and texture and the special time with Mom.  So all is well here, Sarah will head to get her white blood cell booster shot and we hope to make it to her work holiday party.  So I'll sign off for now and probably post again when I return to Ohio.  Enjoy the weekend, make it special as it is a magical time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well and that you two are getting to hang out. I am sure Sarah is thrilled to have all the help and support that only a sister can supply! I know my sister was such a big help when I was going through my pregnancy difficulties with Emerson. Have a great holiday season. Hope to see you both in Hagerstown. I am heading up there December 23 - January 6.
Laura ( I cannot remember my username/password...)

KeanaLee said...

I don't know you but Sarah is so lucky to have you as friend. Tell Sarah & her family that my thoughts and paryers are with her. My mother was diganosed with stage 3C in January of 2007. She is still hanging in there, getting the best treatments in Pittsburgh so I have a feel of what is going on in Sarah's life. Don't give up, it's worth the fight.

Unknown said...

Susan, You are a wonderful sister and Sarah sounds like such a strong person. Thanks for the update. It reminds all of us how fragile life is and also how precious our family and friends are. In the busyness of the season, you have brought to light what is truly important. I am praying for you and think of you often. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love GIna Harrobin